It's a beautiful, sunny day in Chapel Hill!
I finished my walking tour of campus already (and several tours of other neighborhoods, mostly due to the fact that I'm directionally challenged).
Charlie, you might be pleased to hear that the football stadium was wide open this morning. In fact, I strolled right on in and made myself comfortable in the seats. After a while I wandered down to the field and played catch with the boys until about lunch time. Then I headed over to the basketball arena (also wide open) and played a game of horse with Coach Williams. Nice guy! I beat him, though.
Now it's time to relax and watch Oprah until ESPD gets home. Evan has a meeting until 6pm, so we'll wait for him before we do anything too exciting :)
I forgot to bring my camera, so the next few blogs might be without visual aids. Sorry! One thing I would have taken a picture of today, though, was a goofy sign....they call speed bumps "speed humps" here in NC. Weird. Most of the housing neighborhoods also have signs in them that say "traffic calming area". What do you suppoes that means?! Why not just say "FIX YOUR DAMN MUFFLER AND BE QUIET."
No comments:
Post a Comment