Baby G is going to join our family on Friday, November 23rd. It's official! Mommy and daddy will be at the hospital at 6am sharp to begin the adventure of bringing baby into our world. Of course, Lil' G could still decide to arrive sooner...but chances are he/she will wait to play the game with us on Friday. We are so eager to meet this little turkey, and cannot wait to introduce baby to his/her grandmas and grandpas, aunties and uncles, cousin Hannah, and our dear friends.
We're getting our lips ready to smooch some little fingers and toes!
Grandma Jill is a bit excited for grandbaby #2, as well. She wrote some very sweet poems for baby already. I haven't received her permission to publish them, but I think she'll forgive me...
Grandma Jill is a bit excited for grandbaby #2, as well. She wrote some very sweet poems for baby already. I haven't received her permission to publish them, but I think she'll forgive me...
***********************************************************************************
Anticipation, part 1
Anticipation, part 1
(written 8/2/07)
Your mommy asked me to write a poem about you
My first thought was that I don’t know you yet; but… I do.
I know you, little baby, because
you will be the child of my daughter and your daddy,
who love you already.
I’ve seen your picture, fetal and floating,
your flailing arm waving a first hello.
You’re small and vulnerable now, curled up and protected.
Stay warm, stay safe. Grow.
Anticipation, part 2
Your mommy asked me to write a poem about you
My first thought was that I don’t know you yet; but… I do.
I know you, little baby, because
you will be the child of my daughter and your daddy,
who love you already.
I’ve seen your picture, fetal and floating,
your flailing arm waving a first hello.
You’re small and vulnerable now, curled up and protected.
Stay warm, stay safe. Grow.
Anticipation, part 2
(written 11/21/07)
Two days from today you will be here, little baby.
You’ll be a girl or a boy, you’ll have a name.
We’ll greet you
and snuggle you in our arms and wonder at the wonder of you.
Happiness, love, joy, and amazement lie ahead, so close…
Two days from today you will be here, little baby.
You’ll be a girl or a boy, you’ll have a name.
We’ll greet you
and snuggle you in our arms and wonder at the wonder of you.
Happiness, love, joy, and amazement lie ahead, so close…
************************************************************************************
How lucky is this baby? So much love already!
Here's what Hannah Bananah thinks of the whole Baby G thing:
Here's what Hannah Bananah thinks of the whole Baby G thing:
She can't wait for a bubble wrap buddy!
5 comments:
Hannah looks happy as a puppy, thinking about her new cousin. I'll forgive you for putting the poems on your blog, but only because you're nine months pregnant and must not be thinking straight. love you.
Hannah is playing with bubble wrap. Such a blue collar baby. I bet Baby G will be a white collar kinda kid.
We can't wait to meet Baby G!
Miles, Just posted a weather update for you on the blog, buddy.
Annie, come back to the blog! We miss you! Teresa
Post a Comment