Sunday, January 27, 2008

How do you hard boil an egg?

I've been quite the little (or big, whatever) housewife today. Fortunately Miles is around to help. For example, we made banana bread this morning and he helped me mash the bananas. Well, he laughed while I was mashing the bananas. But that gave me motivation to keep going! Then he rode along in the Baby Bjorn front carrier thing while I swept the kitchen floor and did dishes. He also enjoys riding in the laundry basket as I carry clothes to and from the laundry room - this is actually an important job for him, because sometimes I take a wrong turn and get lost along the way. He always points me in the right direction.
Now I'm going to make some soup for supper. The trick is that the recipe (thanks for sharing it, Grandma Doreen!) calls for a couple of hard boiled eggs. This may seem like a stupid question, but how do I hard boil an egg? I only know how to scramble eggs or drop them into cookie dough. Tanner offered to help me solve this dilemma by going to http://www.howtohardboilanegg.com/. Unfortunately it took him more than 10 minutes to explain the first 4 steps of the hard boiling process. Honestly. I appreciate his effort, but I know that hard boiling an egg cannot possibly be THAT complicating. So I asked him to find another (more straightforward) website. You know, the kind that just lays out the directions in bullet point format. Thank goodness for http://www.wikihow.com/Hard-Boil-an-Egg.

When I'm done making the soup, I'll resume my motherly duties so that Tanner can develop his own website on how to watch golf while playing with a baby...
Just kidding, honey. You're a very good daddy and I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that it's important to let other golf addicts learn the secret for playing with a baby and watching a golf tournament, so Tanner really needs to get that blog going. It's important to know how to boil an egg, too, and you'd think it would be simple, but it's not. I wonder if Doreen meant to hard boil the eggs IN THE SOUP, then take them out and peel them? What kind of soup has hard boiled eggs in it? I'm curious!

Miles is learning lots about laundry and baking and keeping floors tidy. As soon as he can walk, I'd like to borrow him to help out with those chores around my house, too. : o )

Anonymous said...

A man that can multi-task...how special..!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Tanner could sweep and mash bananas while watching golf. Got to put those daddies to work!