Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Miles had a busy day!

We're pooped out in Owatonna. Well....mommy is pooped out. Miles seems to be full of energy still. Should I fear that a long night lies ahead?! Anyway, we had a fun and busy Tuesday. Here's how the day went down:
7:30am: Wake up mommy! Time to start the day (the 2am, 4:30am, and 6:30am Miley alarms didn't count).

10:15am: Class time! Miles had his first day of school today - ECFE school, that is. We had a lot of fun playing with other babies, singing songs, and meeting other mommies. Little Maren was fascinated by Miles and wanted to lick his head. Maybe Hannah was sending her vibes about how yummy Miley's head tastes?!
Miles unwinds after his first day of school

12:30pm: Time to hop on the scale! As part of the usual Tuesday routine, we attended the Amazing Newborn Clinic -- a free clinic for babies and moms to talk with nurses and meet other babies and moms. Miles is proud to announce he weighs a whopping 11 pounds 3 ounces now! WOW!! He's a good eater and a very good grower. Unfortunately they don't measure length at the clinic, so we'll have to bust out the tape measure later and see what kind of numbers he crunches in that area...check the blog for an update at a later time!

Does this kid look like he weighs 11.3 lbs?!
3pm: BOB time! We ventured outdoors for another trek in the stroller. Miles was a little skeptical this time, probably because he was actually awake when we started our walk. By the time we got to the end of the street, though, he was snoozing. He woke up a few times while we were out and seemed less than impressed by the scenery....that's okay. He'll come around.
Miles is all snuggled in the BOB and ready to stroll

4pm: Daddy's home! You know what that means - T.R.O.U.B.L.E! Mommy has a hard time keeping up with two boys around the house.

5pm: Let's go shopping! Miles and mommy went to check out the leftover Christmas items at Sterling Drug (50% off sale - wooo hoooo!), and had to swing by Wal-Mart on the way home for milk. Although it's damn near impossible to just "swing by" Wal-Mart. Especially during rush hour. What a pain in the rear...it's even a pain in a diapered rear.
6:30pm: Waaaaah! Miles decided to cry while mommy and daddy ate supper. He hates it when we get to eat and he doesn't. Poor baby.

7pm: Play time! This baby has been more alert and playful than we've ever seen him at this time of night. It's been fun - he's quite the mover and shaker!

8pm: FEED ME!! As mommy finishes up the blog, Miley gets ready to eat. And eat. And eat some more. Then hopefully it's bed time. Wish us a quiet night! Sweet dreams to all of you in blog land.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miles, you do more in a day than I do! Of course, I don't have a BOB for someone to give me rides in...around town. There, I avoided the dreaded preposition. I'm not sure I'll recognize you next time I see you, Miles. You're growing and growing! Wear a nametag so I know who you are.

Anonymous said...

Miley, it's time to start eating big boy food like Whopper Juniors, milkshakes, double burritos, and chimichangas. That'll give mom and dad a chance to eat.

Teresa Saum said...

Fun to read about the adventures of Miles and Annie.
Like Miles' Granny, I love the idea of a BOB to ride around town in...on snowy days. Ha! Just watching our for your grammar, kiddo.

Anonymous said...

Miley, you're 11 pounds already?! Something tells me I won't win our next wrestling match!

Sending you smooches and head licks :-)