Grandma Jill and Grandpa Larry loved him up on Saturday while TG and I took care of business in Rochester. We found lots of things to decorate our home, including:

Tanner has a good eye for home decor. He gets it from his mom, and I'm glad that gene worked its way down to him.Anyway, Miles had a 7 hour stretch of sleep last night! Yahoo! But when he woke up around 3am he had an incredibly soaked diaper...like probaby 10 lbs worth of wetness. Was he hooked up to an IV all night, you ask? Nope. Did he drink a case of Diet Coke before bed? Nope. His tummy rumbled and his poo turned from normal mush to pure liquid. In the middle of the night, of course. So we cleaned him up, gave him the bottle of Pedialyte that he was craving, and put him back to bed. Here's how the rest of the day panned out (in case you're wondering what the "gong show" bit is all about):
5:30am: Another 10lb diaper needs changing
7:11am: Miles wakes up ready for the day. And another diaper changing (which is not unusual, cosidering he IS a baby. But the whole liquid poo thing was already getting old at this point).
8:01am: Another diaper, please.
8:30am: Annie calls sister/auntie/doctor Elisabeth for some advice. Was his poo in liquid form because his diet has consisted of only Pedialyte since early Friday morning? Does he maybe need some milk to help boost the bulkage factor? Perhaps...hey, it's worth a shot!
8:35am: Miles gets a bottle of Pedialyte AND formula. Woo hoooo!
8:37am: Bottle not done yet...but new diaper is needed. Pronto.
8:55am: Baby is tired, mommy needs fresh air. We go for a walk and Miley snoozes.

10:15am: New diaper, please. This one is loaded.
Repeat bottle/diaper/snuggling routine until afternoon.
1:45pm: Poo is getting better, but still coming out. Now computer decides it has a virus, too.
We proceed to spend about 2 hours on the phone with Grandpa Larry trying to get the computer going again. In the mean time, beef stew is boiling in the crock pot (no time to stir or turn down the temp), Miles is filling his diaper and crying for more food, bottles are begging to be washed, Miles is needing to be snuggled, thank-you notes are waiting to be written upon, mommy is in dire need to use the restroom, daddy is bouncing baby and trying to square away business at home, the phone is ringing, diaper is full, baby's pacifier is lost, buzzers are buzzing, baby's little bottom is burning, and I'm sure another fire is burning somewhere and we just don't see it. Oh yeah - there's a high pitched noise in my ears, too.
Sigh.
6:15pm: My turn to hold Miles while daddy eats his supper. Miles is feeling better, but still has a bad case of the whines. He sounds like a lonely animal lost in the woods. Not kidding.
6:35pm: My turn to eat beef stew. Daddy bounces Miley, I put soup in my bowl and get out a glass and some milk. I proceed to pour the milk right in to my nice warm bowl of beef stew. Ugh. I eat it anyway.
6:38pm: Sister/auntie/doctor Elisabeth calls to check in on the little squirt. We chat and laugh, and wish each other a lovely week ahead.
6:45pm: Miles falls into a sleep deep enough for us to put him in his swing. I re-boot the computer, read a few blogs, read the newspaper online, etc.
7:32pm: I'm blogging. Miles wakes himself up by letting out a supersized toot. Time to go check the diaper....
A freaking gong show, I tell you! Let's all call it a night and snuggle in bed. Last one there is a rotten egg.

8 comments:
Huh...rotten egg, just like the smell from Miles' liquid poo!
TG
I'm amazed you had the time and humor to write this after the day you had. It sounds like a freakin' gong show around there!
What you're describing about your day was a regular occurrence when you kids were little. I have a great deal of empathy.
How many kids did you tell me you want to have, Annie? : o )
I hope you all get some sleep tonight. Love you lots.
Dear Fanny,
Sorry you had such a tough Sunday. I hope the computer is straightened out. Give Miley a kiss.
Love, Grandpa
Miley,
I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you'll feel better soon.
Love,
Your cousin Linda in Raleigh
Miley- Sounds like your mommy (my Auntie Annie) and daddy (my uncle Tanner) passed the "it's a freakin' gong show" test. Let's see how they handle the next challenge... I'll be in touch soon to give you the details on how it should go down...
Miles, you're starting to make me extremely nervous for these episodes with your soon-to-be buddy Fandel. I know you'll pass these tests on from your cousin Hanna right on down to him/her in no time.
Will has figured out the problem as to why Miles got sick so soon at day care. The house he lives in is always so cold that germs can not exist in that environment. Now he goes out into the real world and wammo the poor guy gets nailed by the bug...!! Hope you are feeling better Miles..!! DG
Post a Comment