Friday, May 30, 2008

Miles "90th Percentile" Grimmius

Miles had his 6 month checkup today with Dr. Bunkers. Remember the results from his 4 month checkup? We've got good news -- he has grown since then! Back in March Miles was known as Mr. 75th Percentile. He has since surpassed approximately 15% more of the other babies his age. What an overachiever!
Here are the latest stats:

Weight = 20 lbs 8 oz (90th percentile)
Height = 27.5 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference = 17 3/4 inches (80th percentile...but no doubt on the way to 90th)
Depth of Chin Dimple = .10 cm (34th percentile and yes, it's gone down in depth again)
Shots = 2 + 1 oral vaccine (Rotovirus. Yummy!)


"They" (i.e. medical professionals) recommend babies double their birth weight by 5 to 6 months of age. Check. They also recommend babies reach 20 lbs or at least triple their birth weight by one year of age. He's met the 20 lb mark and is well on his way to tripling his 8.2 lb starting weight. Once again, our little overachiever is making us proud!

Miles' cute cousin Hannah turns the big #1 on Monday. She is coming to visit (and help celebrate Grandpa Larry's retirement) next weekend! Miles can't wait to size her up and drool on her toys! We're afraid he's going to be catching up to Uncle Charlie pretty soon... he could very well be 6 feet by the end of the year. Don't you think?!

Another thing about our overachiever (Tanner just reminded me of this, so I better tell you about it while it's on my mind):
Miles painted butterflies at school today. His teacher said he was having so much fun and didn't want to stop, but unfortunately ran out of room on the paper. Poor boy! We'd better send some extra paper with him on Monday.

Alas, here are some pictures of late:
Playing with daddy


MMMMMMM!

This is why babies get hurt in Bumbos - their parents put them in high places and take pictures from below.

Another dangerous Bumbo session, but at least he had fun with the paper towels.

Playing at the park (on the teeter totter with daddy)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Miles,
My stomach got queasy looking at you looking down from your Bumbo! Leave it to your mommy to dare you to do risky things. I'd better have a chat with her. You may be the 90th Percentile guy, but your still a baby!
Love, Grandma Jill

Anonymous said...

OK, Miles. I'm going to stuff myself full of calorie-dense food all week so I can outweigh you when we're together. If you know what's good for you, you'd better do the same!!! :-0

Anonymous said...

Well, Miley, I went to see my doctor today, and weighed in at 20# 12.5 oz and am 29" tall (a generous measurement according to my parents, your Uncle Evan and Auntie Elisabeth), so I've still got you by just a little bit. I remain in training for our match-up this weekend, and recommend you do the same!!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

p.s. I'm 50th percentile all around. I forgot to mention that our heads are exactly the same size, which should make for a nice loud "bonk" when we collide!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed my spelling error."you're still a baby"--it makes me nuts when people do that!

NO BONKING!