Monday, July 21, 2008

I could get used to this

Big news from the Grimmius trio......Mommy and Miles get 10 extra hours together every week!
I've trimmed my work schedule down to 3/4 time in order to spend more time with my baby boy. We are all so happy about the new arrangement. When Tanner brought Miles to daycare this morning, he said, "Mommy will see you at 2 this afternoon!" and Miles looked at the other babies and grinned from ear to ear. He better not brag too much or those other babies will start stealing his Cheerios!

To celebrate our first afternoon together, we went to the Riverbend Nature Center in Faribault. It's a great place and I know we'll be frequent visitors. We stayed on the paved trails today, but no doubt will return with daddy and hit some of the bumpy gravel trails (I was worried about getting a flat tire on the BOB...okay, that's a lie. I really was worried about getting lost. I'm not good in the woods.). Better yet, Uncle Charlie and Auntie Angie should cruise the bumpy trails with us! Miles thinks they'd have a lot of fun exploring the wilderness with us.

We saw some turtles, cardinals, and squirrels. We also heard lots of crickets and a variety of lovely songbirds singing their woodsy tunes. Here's a picture of Miles in front of the trail map. Tanner thinks his head looks too big for the hat. In real life, the hat fits just fine. Trust me. I wouldn't try to squeeze a hat on him that doesn't fit. That's just cruel.

Miles took a picture of the swamp. Isn't he a good photographer? Too bad you can't see the turtles. There were whole families of them sitting on logs until they saw a 23 pound baby crossing the bridge. If only they knew how gentle and sweet he is...


Shortly after Miles took his first picture, the battery in the camera died. Guess what we're doing tomorrow afternoon? Getting batteries, of course! Then we might go swimming. Stay tuned! I love this semi-at-home-mom thing.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Can turtles get away that fast?? Sounds like a great time on your first day on the new schedule. Lucky Miles...and lucky YOU!

fivefoottwo said...

Good for you! How wonderful for the two of you. What can I say, but, I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!!!