Saturday, August 2, 2008

We did it!

See the solid blue line that winds its way around this map? That's the route Charlie, Angie and I ran this morning with about 1197 other people. It was 13.1 miles to be exact...and I'm not lying when I say "exact". My super neat Garmin GPS watch proves it!
The three of us proudly ran the Urban Wildland Half Marathon in Richfield. It was a great run!

First, my running companions (i.e. Charlie and Angie) made every step worth it . We had fun comparing paces on our super neat Garmin GPS watches, looking at (and commenting on) other runners, discussing the unique biodegradable cups (made of sugarcane) at the water stations, rating the water at each of the water stations, and overall helping to make the run enjoyable for each other. I'm not sure my presence made the run more enjoyable for them, but CP and A2P2 sure made things enjoyable for me!

Second, the route was nice. We ran on trails around lakes and trails through woods and parks. We also wove through the lovely streets of Richfield. Very scenic! I appreciated the many curves and turns along the route. Sure beats running for miles and miles along a straightaway :)

Third, the shirts were sweet. That's important...very important. They also gave us a great canvas bag, the kind in the checkout lanes at grocery stores to encourage people to reduce/reuse/recycle. This run was all about being green!

Congratulations, Charlie and Angie, on a run well done. Thanks for letting me tag along!
(We hardly broke a sweat!)

p.s. My running buddies noted that they haven't seen Big Tanner's retaining wall yet. We talked about it frequently during the run today - like every time we saw a retaining wall. Here it is, along with a shot of the back/side of our house which is another area they apparently have never seen. What do you two do when you're here, anyway?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice wall shots, Annie. Big G. Tanner-- or is it Big Tanner G.? I forget...is an artiste with decorating blocks.

I enjoyed your version of the run today. I read Charlie's first, and I see you neglected to mention that you and Angie left him behind. Maybe he's right that you didn't notice??

Lots of fun having Miley here...any time at all!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh...we left Charlie behind? I'd better go read his blog.

Angie said...

Sweet retaining wall! We definitely know who to hire if we ever need a retaining wall.

Nice job with the run! It was fun to run together and I hope you are relaxing today.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, but WAY too small. You need to think BIG!