As I alluded to in the last blog posting, Miles took another trip to the zoo. This time, the zoo was a short 30 minute drive down (along) highway 14 to Byron. Grandma Jill, Grandpappy (Grandpa Larry...), and Great-Grandpa C. Reps joined the fun.
It was a pretty warm day, but the lovely picnic grounds were so shaded that we didn't even break a sweat! Thank goodness.
Oxbow Park is a great place to play. Grandpa C. Reps and Grandma Bene used to take us Potts kids there during our annual summer vacations with them. The only thing I remembered about the park was that it housed a bear that tried to bite my hand off. Seriously. It did. Nobody else seems to remember the traumatic moment, but it's a true story. I was thisclose to losing my right hand. Errr...maybe it was my left hand. Anyway, it was scary. (And no, Charlie, Uncle Don was NOT there.)
With all of the other neat things to see and do at Oxbow park -- walk through the woods, go down slides, swing, have a picnic, stroll through the interpretive center (albeit a small one...like 2 strolls and you're done), pet a cow, watch some bison -- I'm a bit saddened by the fact that some old grizzly bear tainted my memory.
Sigh.
In any case, it was a very fun trip and we look forward to visiting the park/zoo again soon. I'm sure it's gorgeous in the fall...we'll be back to see!
And now, a slideshow of the day (except for our picnic, as those photos can't be found):
1 comment:
I'm so proud of Miles for cleaning up the animal poop after our time in the park. He takes it seriously when Hoot the Don't Pollute Owl says to leave the area cleaner than it was when you arrived. Wasn't that Hoot? Or was it Smokey the Bear? Or Yogi Bear? Or that grizzly bear who nearly gnawed off your arm years ago??
Post a Comment