Anyway, it was a beautiful day -- one of the few warm, sunny days remaining this year. Miles and I decided to venture over to River Bend Nature Center again. Remember when we went last time? Remember the picture of Miles sitting in front of the sign? (Hint: If not, click on the "last time" link). Here's evidence of how much he has changed since then...
I couldn't get him to sit still for the picture! He was determined to play in the mess of leaves and pound on the bench.
Miles was fascinated by the colorful leaves hanging in the trees and coating the path. He was a quiet, content little guy during the entire walk -- not once did he squirm and try to break free. Makes me think he may have a future as a naturalist. (Before or after his stint as a fire fighter, you ask? That has yet to be determined.)
He was eager for me to take this picture...evidence of what a brave outdoorsman he is to stand (sit) alone on a rickety old bridge over a pond full of green goobers and monsterous snapping turtles. Oooooh!
Just kidding.

And finally...this one is for you, Grandpappy:
A widow maker! Better call Vern and have him hussle over to the nature center. They've got lots of these things.
1 comment:
Miles,
I wish I'd been with you and your mommy today. What a beautiful fall day! You're getting to be quite a nature boy. I'm worried about those snapping turtles and widow makers that lurk at every turn in the out-of-doors. Hold still on rickety bridges, please!
Love, Grandma Jill
Post a Comment