Thursday, February 26, 2009

Storm of the Day

The Storm of the Day brought several inches of snow to Otown. This storm definitely fizzled out before it could become the Storm of the Century...heck, it didn't even come close to being the Storm of the Year (we've still got 10 months left of 2009, folks).
Lots of hoopla and not a lot of hoop, if you know what I mean.
In any case, kids were thrilled to have the day off from school and I was thrilled (or not) to be one of 5 people left at the office. I won't tell you how much work I got done...that's beside the point.

We had a great time playing outside at the end of the afternoon. Miles reviewed some shoveling strategies with daddy --


They also discussed the benefits of using a snowblower. Miles wondered where they could find more snow to blow since the driveway was already cleared.


We also went for a sled ride up and down the road with little Ava from next door. Ava is 3 years old and only a few hairs taller than Miles (yet several pounds lighter). She was so excited that "the baby" was outside too, and insisted on picking him up. Pretty sure she won't be trying that again any time soon. If she does, I'll try to get pictures.

And here's Miles before we even went outside...trying to figure out how to get up after falling down. It was hilarious. Wish I'd gotten this part on video!


We're heading to St. Peter this weekend to celebrate Uncle Willy's 20th birthday. Holy cow! That's going to be one bright cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard Miles comment that the blower is an "ass kicker!" Smart kid, but not much work ethic when it comes to shoveling.

Anonymous said...

Annie and Tanner,
We'd appreciate it if you would NOT teach Miles words like "ass". Not a good thing for a little boy to say.
Love, G & G