Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The mall, a birthday, some grandpas, and an impending haircut

There's just no down time around here!

This past weekend we traveled to San Pedro to celebrate Uncle Will's 20th birthday. Before the party began, Miles had a party with a bunch of wild-n-crazy kids (none of whom he knew) at the little indoor play area in the Mankato mall.

(look how hard his tongue is working...)

THEN it was time to eat dinner and, more importantly, The Cake.

This whole college thing is doing something weird to Uncle Will... He waited patiently until after dinner and The Cake to open his presents. No begging to open just one present. No whining. No trying to sneak a peek. It was all very strange.
Here he is opening his fire-proof safe (hence the Fire Safe name) with an ice scraper. Will is planning to buy a car some time in the near future, so naturally we all got him important car accessories (except for the Fire Safe safe, which I suppose could be put in the car but I don't think Dave & Doreen bought it for that purpose). Anne was really hoping a car would be tucked inside the box, so she kept her eyes closed in anticipation...


After all of the eating and gift opening, Miles decided to relive his baby days in the arms of Grandpa Dave.


In need of some more grandpa time, we visited Great Grandpa Charlie in Spring Valley. Grandpa Larry came along for the ride (Grandma Jill, too, but she successfully avoided the camera). It was a fun day! Miles was a very good boy for GGC and showed him all of the tricks 15-month-old boys can possibly do...including sitting on the stairs with no pants while reading a book. Hey, it's not as easy as it looks!

Then it was time to relive the baby days again, but this time with Grandpa Larry.


This photo has nothing to do with any of the activities previously mentioned, but I thought it was a pretty dang good family self portrait. Miles sat still, Tanner told me where to aim, and I clicked the button. Voila!

Oh yes - the haircut teaser in the title? Check back later this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't trim those curls!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid he'll look like a skinhead. NOOOOOOO!

PulseofMN said...

Where did you get the cute argyle sweater? I have been looking for one like that for Luke! Luke's first haircut is in the near future as well! :(
Molly

Teresa Saum said...

I love the picture of you, Miles, on the step with the book. Always keep your hands on a book!