Anyway, we decided we'd better teach him about eggs and chicks - not so much a lesson about eggs coming from chicks, but rather that eggs are eggs and chicks say "peep peep!" (The exclamation point is important. These are happy chicks!).
Miles quickly caught on and now he'll point to a chick and say "peebee! peebee!" very gently and in a high pitched voice. Suddenly egg and chick counting isn't so bad anymore :) He sure saves himself with cute stuff.
The weekend was busy and fun. Miles had a slumber party at Grandma Jill and Grandpappy's house on Saturday night. I don't know all the details, but I think Miles did a better job of painting the town (so to speak) than Tanner and I did with our friends that night... Just kidding. He was sound asleep by 7:30pm - a late night for him!
Speaking of painting, that's exactly what we did on Sunday afternoon. It was too windy to spend much time outside so we hunkered down with some water colors. Miles seemed to enjoy letting off some creative steam.


When it came time to put the brushes away, though, he reminded us that even 16 month olds can have spaz attacks. He was so so so so so sooooooo mad at us for not letting him run around with a paint brush.... What's so dangerous about that? Sharp ends, you say? Blah. Self-performed tracheotomy? Naaah. Poked eyeball? Don't be ridiculous.
After he collapsed and banged his head on the floor (intentionally) several times, he calmed down. Sigh. His temper only gets better from here, right?! I thought so.
p.s. Miles is transitioning over to the toddler room at daycare this week. He spent two hours with his new friends today and seemed to enjoy things. I just wish I could've been a fly on the wall - it's hard not knowing what he's up to every moment of the day. I'd give anything to spend a little time in his world! His new teacher is a Gustie grad, so obviously he'll be in good hands :)
4 comments:
Annie forgot to tell you Miles' new teacher's name is Ms. Starr. Seriously? Oh, and the frog in the toddler room is named "elephant"...WTF?
I'm impressed by Miles' painting ability! Perhaps we have a budding
artist in the family!
Best springtime wishes to all,
Linda
I think all the fresh air and open spaces of the out of doors have pushed Mr. Miles into his new independent phase. There's a lot to do now that spring is here!
Another tortured artist... c'mon, Miles, show us some originality!
:-) Ha ha!
Post a Comment