Monday, September 6, 2010

Pajamas and apples and vans...OH MY!

**Editor's Note: I wrote this last Monday night but didn't post it immediately because I wanted to include some pictures of our new ride. Well, it's now Friday and we still don't have any decent pics of the hot new minivan. Sorry. We'll take some this weekend and post them for your viewing enjoyment at a later date :)

The "long" Labor Day weekend proved to be a good one for us in O-Town. Miles started it out the best of anyone by wearing his pajamas to daycare on Friday. Lucky kid! A chilly 50 degree morning and super awesome hooded sweatshirt with pockets were thrown into the mix and resulted in one incredibly happy preschooler -



Tanner and Miles had a "date" on Saturday (it included cleaning out the garage, getting the mower blade sharpened, and running a few errands) while I went on a date of my own with Grandma Jill. No photos were taken of our respective adventures, but fun was certainly had by all!
Sunday felt like a warm fall day, which got us in the mood for apple picking. We decided to travel north to Fireside Orchard just outside of Northfield. Tanner and Miles wandered around for a while trying to figure out the rules for picking your own fruit.
We quickly learned that pick-your-own season doesn't start for a few more weeks. Booo! But they still had some apples for us to buy -


and eat -
I could've gotten Miles busted with this picture, but I figured if HE got in trouble then I would get in trouble too. Shhhhh! Don't tell the apple farmer.
We celebrated Labor Day by spending our hard earned cash on a new ride. That's right...we're now the proud owners of a Honda Odyssey mini-van! It's quite the step up from our beloved 1997 Camry, which safely (and cheaply) provided us with transportation for the last 7-ish years. It's time for more room and...well...maybe cruise control and a little FM radio action :) It's luxurious!

Here we are on our way to the fabulous Owatonna Ford dealership to make the swap -

A good ending to a good weekend. Come on over for a ride!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Does this mean the phone photo Tanner sent didn't get through to you by email? I can send it again...

In any case, the best picture of all is happy Miles in the back seat of the new mini-van, enjoying the ride!

One more thing-- isn't it a little sad that you're being unfaithful to Jim of Jim's Apple Farm? Well, maybe not, since there isn't a "Jim" to be unfaithful to anyway!

auntie beese said...

Hannah can't wait to be Miles' copilot in the middle row of the new van. I guess G2 will have to ride in the rear!