Saturday, December 11, 2010

It snowed today

That's actually an understatement. It REALLY REALLY REALLY snowed today! So awesome. Thanks to the cRaZy storm, we spent the entire day at home. It was fabulous! We did a variety of things (mostly in our jammies) and had fun listening to Christmas music thanks to the KOOL-108 radio station.

Miles made an angel for the top of our tree. Miss. Ronda, one of his teachers, gave him the red glitter glue to use when she found out he wanted to make a red angel. She's such a nice gal!

Then he and daddy put some ropes on our sleds so that we can go for sled rides in the basement until the wind calms down outside.

I made 10 dozen Oreo balls (Evan: I can't promise that I'll get to the coconut balls this year....but the Oreo balls are pretty ball-icious.). Weston guarded them.

He also sported one of my favorite onesies that Miles used to wear (and no pants - who needs pants when you're staying home, right?!). He looks as handsome as his big bro did back in the day.

Miles and I decided we needed some fresh air, so late in the afternoon we braved the elements. Here we are preparing to battle the snow drifts -
And attempting to walk through one...a tiny one compared to the waist-high drifts in our driveway. Yikes! I almost lost Miles.


Brrrrrrr!

Oh yeah, and here's what Tanner did today besides prepping the sleds.

(He cleaned the toilets. That's why I married him - he cleans toilets.)
Tonight we ate some balls -

and Weston and I snuggled as daddy made fun of me for having squinty eyes. That made me laugh and have even squintier eyes.

We hope you all had a warm and relaxing day, too!

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a nice day at home for the Grimmius family! Snow and sled and balls and an angel. What could be better?

My word verification is "SANTL". Is that a Jewish Santa? Like Yentl?

lljone said...

Wow! What beautiful snow and so much of it! Hope you have fun sledding.