
Why am I glad it's Monday? Because we had a messy weekend. We woke up Friday morning in St. Peter (that was planned - it's not like we woke up and were magically there). The forecast called for sleet later in the day, so we decided to get an early start toward home. First, though, we wanted to stop by the Southern MN Children's Museum's "Play Lab" to let Miles burn off some energy. We got there 20 minutes before closing time. Bummer. It turned out okay in the end - while we would have preferred an hour or more of play time, the weather started getting nasty as we were leaving so it was probably best that they closed up shop on us.
The sleet hadn't quite made it to Otown yet, so late in the afternoon as the boys were napping I decided to cruise out to the Medford outlet mall to...well...spend money on myself. Mama nature started dumping some freezing rain on my way. Naturally, I pushed the defrost button to "ON" mode. Within a few minutes, I heard a loud noise and watched as a huge crack formed along the bottom of our nice new minivan's windshield. Awesome. I called Tanner for reassurance that it was not going to shatter (and that I wasn't going to die - stuff like that always makes me freak out and think the end of the world is near). I was safe, but we were looking at a not-so-fun way to spend the money that I wanted to spend in Medford. [Oh yes, and before this all happened Tanner left for about 30 minutes to get his haircut. During that brief period of time, Miles had 2 accidents in his pants. The smelliest one happened just as I was about to sit down and feed his starving baby brother. Great timing. I like to think that I handled the situation gracefully, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.]
On to Saturday... Weston woke up at 7am but it felt like 5am. I got up with him and Miles joined us shortly thereafter. Tanner, on the other hand, slept until 9am. That was fine with me because I knew he was tired and I really couldn't blame him. He would have slept later but Miles woke him up to let him know I was making them pancakes for breakfast. Apparently the whole thing caused Tanner to feel super duper guilty. So all day he was looking at me funny, like I was mad that he slept in so late. I really didn't care (if HE hadn't slept in, I would have!), but his guilty-ness was quite entertaining.
As the day progressed it remained bitterly cold outside. Miles was getting tired of running circles in our basement, so we brought him downtown to Federated's gym -- complete with basketball hoops, a big floor for running and for racing trucks, etc. There were several other parents and little kids there, so things were looking good...kids for Miles to play with, toys to share, the whole works. Until a group of adults decided to end their half-court game of basketball and take up the ENTIRE GYM with a game of floor hockey. Not cool. We were pushed off to the side and, although Miles didn't mind watching the big people play, Tanner and I were irked. So we left. Only to find our driver's side rearview mirror had been clipped off by some stinky nut who was probably driving too fast and obviously too close to our vehicle. Here's what remained:
Again, Miles didn't seemed phased by this because it meant a police officer stopped by our house to file the report (i.e. let's hope our insurance picks up some of the tab). Super cool! Unfortunately it wasn't our favorite officer in town (Brandon) but it was a good friend of his. To comfort us after the bummer of a day, I made sausage bread for supper. It was actually edible, which was a nice turn of events.
Sunday proved to be a happier and less expensive day. I slept in until 8:45am (intentionally got up before 9am..ha ha, Tanner...), the Packers won, and the boys had a fun time playing in Miles' bed.

Weston was extra snuggly, so I decided to put him in the ergo carrier to help keep him content and to free my arms for a while. I was wearing my Sunday best when Tanner took this picture...and so was Miles (look in the background).
The perfect ending to the weekend! Happy new year!
4 comments:
Hey, I have an outfit just like that, only my socks aren't as cool!
So sorry you had crummy things happen this weekend. But, you have two happy boys who were oblivious to most of it, so that's good. Better luck THIS week!
PS Your sausage bread looks so much neater than mine when it's cut.
What is Miles running from?
Will
I was wearing a similar outfit only on new years eve while I was home doing laundry!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment