Monday, April 25, 2011

Big brother knows best...

Spring made an appearance today. It was amazing! Miles decided to catch himself a case of pink eye so that he could stay home and soak in the sunshine. Smart kid. He spent part of the morning outside with mama, and then a good chunk of the afternoon outside with daddy. The clouds returned late afternoon (Mr. Spring, we can handle more than 10 hours of you) and rain is on the agenda for tomorrow, so we quickly squeezed in some more fresh air after supper time. Weston was pretty tired and fidgety, but Miles insisted that he ride in the wagon instead of in the Baby Bjorn. Tanner and I gave each other the "Yeah, right" look, but - thinking back to Rule #3 in the Parenting a Preschooler instruction manual - we decided to not pursue the battle. Weston would ride in the wagon and as soon as we reached the end of the driveway, I would put him in the Baby Bjorn and we'd continue on our way. After all, there was no way he would make it more than 15 feet in the wagon. No way.

Ruh roh. Miles was right.


He liked it! He really liked it!

He liked it so much that he stayed in there for the full 20 minute walk. Turns out Miles was the tired, fidgety one and after a few blocks he wanted to turn around and go back home. Good thing they don't make a Preschooler Bjorn, or he would've been riding in it. Yeow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had mentioned "like Father, like Son" with Miles' pinkeye. Well, when "Father" took his first wagon rides he would become so fascinated with the rear wheels that he would fall out and badly skin up his nose and mouth. We had to tie him down just to take a wagon ride around the block.... GOOD LUCK..!! G - Dave

espd said...

How cute! Glad Westy enjoyed the ride so much, and I'm sure Milford is gloating about knowing so much about what his baby bro likes. :-) Funny - we actually considered stuffing Hannah into the Ergo carrier just the other day!

Gma Jill said...

Miles knows a lot of things that you need to pay attention to, Annie. Yesterday he told me where I'd left my cup of coffee, and he reminded me that we haven't put the new toilet seat on the toilet in our bathroom. I think I'll call him up when I debate a decision next time. He's a wise little guy!

Westy looks happy and comfy in the wagon. I'm glad he liked it!