If you look up the word "routine" in the dictionary, it probably says something about the Grimmius household on any given night.
5:28pm: Supper time
6:01pm: Bath time
6:53pm: Weston stops what he's doing (literally drops whatever toy is in his hands) and begs for milk. It usually looks/sounds like this:
[Disclaimer: The volume on our computer does not work, but I trust that the noise is just as horrendous as it was while filming the situation.]
7:01pm: Weston sleeps soundly in his crib and Miles begs for a snack.
7:31pm: Miles/mommy/daddy climb into mommy/daddy's bed and read books under the EB - electric blanket, also affectionately called "EV" for Electric Vivian.
7:48pm: Miles begs mommy (NOT DADDY) to snuggle him as he falls asleep.
Tanner and I take turns snuggling Miles in his bed, mostly because it gives one of us 15 minutes of freedom (or first dibs on the remote control). His bed is also just too small for all of us to fit comfortably. Every night he begs for me to snuggle with him. Every. Night. Every night. Evvvvvery night. I think part of it is that - for whatever reason - in a house full of boys, mommy usually trumps daddy. At least when it comes to the caregiving role. Not so much in the playing department. Don't get me wrong -- Tanner is a fantastic caregiver. Miles just doesn't like to acknowledge it.
So tonight I reminded Miles that daddy will be gone reffing tomorrow night, so it was important that he snuggle with daddy tonight. His response? "Noooooo. I don't like it when daddy snuggles me. He always snuggles me for TOO LONG."
Huh?!
Sorry buddy, but that's a lame excuse.
We agreed that if daddy falls asleep in Miles' bed, then Miles should call to me and I'll help him carry daddy back to our bed. Miles can take his feet, I'll take him by the head. Deal! And off they went to snuggle.
4 comments:
Oh, Westy! It looks like you wore yourself out begging for milk! Sweet dreams, little guy!
Enjoy this routine while it lasts. One of these days the boys will surprise you with something new. Great video of Westy "crying". He's a good floor polisher. And it looks like Miles is deliberately oblivious in the background!
Sweet dreams, little floor polisher...I enjoyed a flash from my past, too. In a few years, Westy will love watching this video of himself :)
I just can't stop laughing about this! Evan remarked about how quiet Westy is during his tantrums compared to Electric Vivian. I'm cracking up about Miles in the background - is he just proud of his new shoes or is he preparing to flee the scene?!
Post a Comment