Monday, January 16, 2012

Westy = 15 months

Our baby is growing so fast. Too fast! Weston had his 15 month well-child checkup this morning. As expected, he aced it. Here are the stats:

Height: 31.5 inches (74th %ile)
Weight: 24.7 pounds (52nd %ile)
Head circumference: 19 inches (78th %ile)
Depth of chin dimple: .20 cm (60th %ile)

Interestingly, he's hardly grown since his 12 month checkup. He is the exact same weight and only a 1/2 inch taller. And his head grew by 1/4 of an inch. I suppose it's only been three months, but I was sure he'd gained at least an inch (in height, not in the head!). Huh. What do I know?!
I do know he's cute.

His brother was...shall we say...a little bigger at 15 months of age. Miles was 32 inches tall and weighed 29 pounds. He wore the same hat that Westy now wears, but it was a bit more snug around the cheeks :) Here's a picture of Miles when he was about 15 months. It was taken in February 2009. And that white stuff in the background is snow, in case you're wondering. It's not a common thing these days.


Looking back at videos of Miles at 15 months, he had a much larger vocabulary than Westy does at this point. Of course, he still has a much larger vocabulary (than many of us, really)...so why should Weston bother trying to keep up?! On the way to the clinic Weston talked with me about bananas. Nahnah! Nahnahnahnah! He was pretty proud, and rightfully so.


I love seeing the difference in development between the boys. There are some striking similarities when comparing their physical and emotional development, as well as some amazing differences. Both boys have such strong personalities, and although they differ a fair amount in that respect I think both have a good balance of mommy/daddy in them. By that, I mean each can be a total spaz machine one minutes (me) and a gentle, sweet, calm young gentleman the next (Tanner). Right, daddy?!

3 comments:

lljone said...

Congratulations on your good check-up, Westy! You are definitely adorable!

jill said...

So fun to see a 15-month Miles and a 15-month Westy on the same page. It surprises me to see what different face shapes they have. Glad to know Westy got the stamp of approval today.

auntie beese said...

Such cuteness. Smooches to both of them!