Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday chills

Sunday is almost over.  Sad.

We mostly hunkered down at home in order to avoid slipping around on the ice that fell over Southern MN late this morning. I did do a quick run to the grocery store, where it quickly became obvious that my fever has persisted into a fourth day -- pretty sure I had only one more layer to strip off before the manager would have booted me from the store. Eeeek!  That is not okay.
While I was shopping and trying hard to not spread germs to innocent bystanders, Tanner took the boys to the Federated gym for some quality energy burning. Thank goodness! Those poor little boys have been going bonkers at home lately.  We all miss the fresh air.

Unfortunately as the day wore on, Tanner started showing symptoms of strep or whatever actual illness has been stirring up trouble in my body the last few days.  We all feel so sad for him!  He's now drinking some generic Airborne and playing Fruit Ninja on the iPad.  All good signs.  We made a huge orange salad tonight. What was in it? Oranges, oranges, and more oranges. I think there were 6 total.  Well...and some banana slices on top, mostly because the poor banana looked lonely on the counter.  Among the mix were blood oranges. We love them - the boys love their messy staining juice, and Tanner and I love the flavor. Blood oranges are packed with more vitamin C and antioxidants than your standard naval orange, and they're also on sale at HyVee right now :)

Miles spent quite a bit of time working on a new lego project this afternoon.  We didn't realize just how good he has gotten at following the booklet of instructions...it was clear that I was hovering too much at first (surprise surprise), and he was more interested in my company than my assistance. Hey....some day I know the "company" part will also fall by the wayside, so I'll take it while get gettin' is good! 
The mining truck comes in three batches, assembling each section individually and then combining them at the end.  Daddy took over keeping Miles company part way through phase II, mostly because he's better than mama at running interference with Weston (note the blur in the right corner)....


The boys are snoozing and we're ready for bed ourselves. Ummmm, wait a minute. Tanner just started swinging his Momentus Swing Trainer (you'll have to use your imagination because I am too lazy to take a picture). Rest assured it's a golf thing, and let's take it as a sign that he hasn't fallen too ill yet.

Good night!

1 comment:

lljone said...

I hope everyone is well soon! It sounds like that bug is really hard to shake off!