Thursday, May 2, 2013

Snow Day

Miles and Weston enjoyed their first official snow day from "school".  Here's what life looked like at our house on Wednesday around 12:30pm:


And here's what we woke up to on Thursday morning:



In total, about 12 inches.  Maybe more, maybe less.  Depends on which part of town you're referencing.  All around, though, trees are broken and people were irritated.  We do live in Minnesota, folks!  It happens.  There are lots of ginormous snowmen scattered about, too.  People complain about the snow but then go play in it.  Might as well!

I scheduled today off from work so that I could go to the dentist, get my haircut, and run a variety of errands that needed to be done weeks ago.  As has been the case all winter (and now spring) long, every time I take a vacation day it gets hijacked by mother nature or one of the boys.  It's great that snow and strep have made for lots of good snuggle time at home, but seriously.  When is a mama supposed to get groomed and shop?

Daddy made it to work somehow and the rest of us hunkered down at home.  Our dear neighbor came over mid-morning on his tractor snow machine to help get the plowing started.  The boys appreciated the entertainment.  Part way through the show, Weston broke out into tears because he wanted to go help Ron. Isn't that sweet?  He was begging, "I go help him!  I go help him!"  As Grandpa Dave said, wouldn't it be nice if we all had that attitude?  Most definitely.


 The newly carved path in the driveway allowed us to more easily get outside and assess the situation. This wasn't light, fluffy stuff that had fallen.  It was wet and heavy! 


Weston was still in the helping mood and did the best he could with the shovel he had available...his real snow shovel is already put away for the winter.  Next year we'll keep it out 'til June.


Then we made some cookies for Ron.


Nap time rolled around shortly thereafter.  I was the monkey in the middle with the brown pillow.  My favorite place to be when it comes to napping with the boys!  Notice they are facing different directions (with mommy's spot planted in the middle).  That's so they'll actually sleep.


We made a pit stop at Sara's house for my haircut, then Miles and I scooted off to our dental appointments.  By that time life in Owatonna was straightening out and haircuts and teeth cleaning could resume.  No pictures to show for it, though.

And finally, we ended the night with a little pedicure action...these boys sure know how to pamper their mommy!  I'm a lucky lady.  No better way to spend a snow day than with these little brothers!



4 comments:

lljone said...

Enjoyed reading about your "snow day". It looks like you made the best of it. I love the shot of Weston "helping" with his shovel.
It would be nice if more people had his helping attitude.

Mom/Gma Jill said...

Is it still snowing there?? Time for some new pics and a goods story about MJG and WCJG! XXXXOOOO

Mom/Gma Jill said...

Wow, winter lasts a long time in Otown!

Mom/Gma Jill said...

I think your pictures will be back in season again very soon, Annie. It's going to be in the 40's tonight!