Sunday, March 4, 2007

Oh Baby!

In case you haven't heard the exciting news, Elisabeth is having a BABY!!!

Beese, you look great! I love your little tummy.

Of course, Elisabeth's pregnancy means my parents are on the verge of grandparenthood....and while we're all busy helping Elisabeth and Evan think of baby names (I'm sure they really appreciate the help), we also need to be thinking of names for Grandma Jill and Grandpa Larry -- because just "grandma" and "grandpa" don't suffice.

Fortunately Grandma Marge (Evan's mom) has offered help by providing them with a book called The World's Only Grandparent Nickname Book. Rumor has it Marge is leaning toward "Grandmarge" as her nickname. I like it!

Here are some other ideas...

GRANDPA

FaFa
Paw Paw
Pee Paw
Big Daddy
Poppi Bear
Papa Bee
Grandpoos
Grampog
Pooki
Pooda
Mr. G
Papoo
Pepere
Popsie
Guppa
YeYe
Pompa

Grandma

MaMa
MawMaw
MeeMaw
Big Mama
Mamie
Moggee
Nanoo
Nonny
YaYa
Oma
Oggy
Ninna
Lola
NiNi
Tutu Wahine
Babushka
Bamma

So...which ones do you like? Do you have any other suggestions? We've got a few months to decide.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Pooki and NiNi! Ummm...
You're in serious trouble for posting that photo, Annabelle. :-0

Teresa Saum said...

Moggee and Mr. G get my vote.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, let me be Tutu Wahine. It's me...
Mom

Angie said...

I vote for Bumpa and Bunga - two of my personal favorites.

Charlie Potts said...

Thanks for putting a link to the dictionary definition of "baby." I wasn't completely sure, so your info helped.

Anonymous said...

Anything for you, Charlie!