Saturday, March 10, 2007

Will James Grimmius

This blog posting is dedicated to my awesome bro-in-law, Will (no hard feelings Evan, you're pretty rad yourself!).
Will turned 18 on Monday, March 5th. I suppose one of his first activities of adulthood (?!) was signing his own pass to leave school so he could partake in adult activity number two: cashing in the winning lotto scratch-off tickets that he got for his birthday. And I suppose the third activity of adulthood could have involved spending some of his $7 worth of prize money on a pack of cigarettes...although I doubt it. Rather, I bet Will headed straight for a local government center to register himself as a voter. Much better choice than smoking, Willy!

Note to the birthday boy: Thanks for being born, Will! We had a great time celebrating your birthday last weekend, and we also enjoyed watching you play your last high school basketball game in Blue Earth. It has been fun following you the past several years.... We will miss watching you play. No really, we will! It has been a lot of fun going to your games -- thanks for the good times!

And now it's time to get ready for life at St. Thomas. Pull out the purple everyone. Will is going to be a Tommy! Wooooo hoooooooooo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tribute to Willie G., Annie! He's 18...wow! Was he about 2 when you and TanMan started dating?? Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Not sure if he got those lottery tickets cashed yet. He and Korrina made their first trip to Mystic Lake casino on Saturday and he called to say he had won $160. They were smart enough to leave with their pockets full. You and Tanner might have started him down the gambling road to ruin. Doreen and I need to talk with Jill & Larry about the "empty nest" thing. We will need to Get A Life once Will leaves for St. Thomas. Annie, thanks for the thoughtful posting on Will, he is a GREAT kid......David

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me a spot on your blog. Ya your right I didn't go out and buy a pack of somkes, but thats because I got a sis-in law that gave me some fake ones that will do the trick when I am skipping school hanging out by the bike rack.