Saturday, July 21, 2007

Welcome Home Charlie Company!

Two busloads of troops returned home to the Owatonna area this morning. They were greeted with a warm Minnesota welcome by a few hundred O-towners. Lots of proud Americans in this town! People lined the streets, especially down by the town square park, and cheered as the troops were whisked past them and brought out to the armory.
Here's a picture of a big flag that the local fire department hung the main road downtown:


Here is a shot of some of the motorcycles that paved the way (they all had flags on their cycles, but I didn't capture it very well):



Signs from the newspaper that said "Welcome Home Charlie Company" were hung on trees, windows, cars, and light posts. (I tried to get a picture of the sign held by some lady across the street from me, but I ended up zooming in too close to her chest...wouldn't be appropriate for this blog. Sorry!) It was a neat way to start the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, Ms. Grimmius. The to-do was much the same in San Pedro. All the attention is good, I guess.

We'll see you soonest!