Well folks, baby g is having a little fun with us. After a great check-up with the doctor on Thursday, my blood pressure apparently took a turn...or maybe a couple of turns, both up and down. After a somewhat wild Friday morning, I was placed on house arrest (for medical purposes, not because I spazzed in the clinic and got arrested) for one week and had to collect my pee in a big brown jug for 24 hours. The reason? To better estimate how much protein is in my urine. Protein in urine is not "good" - it's a sign of high blood pressure, and something we really want to avoid in life if at all possible, especially when a little baby is involved.
Throughout the course of this pregnancy, I've become a pro at peeing in a cup (you mothers out there can share in this glorious achievement). Afterall, it's a requirement that must be fulfilled before seeing the doctor at every visit. I didn't think twice about having to pee in a cup, then dump it in a jug, for a measly 24 hours. Bring it on!
Well...it was brought on. I forgot that the doc didn't want just a small sample of each peeing session. Instead he wanted the whole thing. Ooofdah! That's a lot of squatting! I'm tired.
In any case, mission accomplished. I hope the lab technician is paid really, really well.
I know my husband wasn't paid enough to go through this experience...
1 comment:
Better to collect urine for 24 hours than to hold it that long. I hope all is well with you, Tanner, and Baby g tonight. Love you lots.
Post a Comment