Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work. Miles definitely took things in stride, but I kind of spazzed. Surprise surprise!
Fortunately all four grandparents are taking turns babysitting this week. What a lucky baby! He's going to get so much lovin' this week it's CRAZY.
After a tear-filled morning, I came home for lunch to find him smiling at Grandpa Larry and Grandma Jill (Grandma came to relieve Grandpa of his duties around noon - but I think she should have relieved Miles of HIS duties instead, because he seemed to be the most pooped out! Grandpa sure is a fun guy.).

I won't babble on about how it felt to return to work, other than to say it was weird. And sad. Tanner and I realized that I haven't been away from Miles for this long in almost a year. Think about that...Miles and I have been side-by-side (literally, at times) for nearly an entire year. For those of you who are thinking, "How can that be? The kid is only 3 months old!" -- I'm counting his time in *the womb*. No wonder I miss him so much!

Now he's snuggled in his crib and is probably dreaming of puppies and kitties. Or maybe other babies.

It's been an amazing 12 weeks with you, buddy boy. I love you!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Instead of puppies and kitties, maybe he was dreaming about how he conquered the two-headed porcupine. Way to go Miles!

Jill said...

Miley was adorable and sweet and fun to be with--all four grandparents would tell you that! Now it's his turn to make new friends and find out what other babies like to do. He'll have a lot to tell you, I'm sure!