This is how Miles spent most of his Sunday. Snoozing away! He must have been preparing for his first big day at daycare. Tanner will be dropping Miles off at Kids Korner bright and early Monday morning. We were lucky to have all four grandparents take turns caring for Miles last week when I went back to work...but now it's time for them to go back to work, too, and for Miles to venture off and make new friends. Fortunately he already knows two of the other five babies in the "Infant A" room - Ava and Reid. I'm sure they'll allow him into their circle of baby friends very quickly :) And there's no doubt that Miss. Ashley and Miss. Karla will love Miles up just right. We're sending a camera with Miles to capture moments from his first day. Let's hope he remembers to use the flash and aim appropriately.Tanner and I are a little anxious about the whole daycare thing... We know he will be fine and that he's going to love the place, but we sure are going to miss him!
Miles is tucked in for the night (we hope, anyway...) and his bag is packed for tomorrow. We gathered up all of the essential items: bottles, a blankie, doozas, a change of clothing, and his caterpillar buddy. Everything has been labled "Miles G." so that no other baby tries to steal his goodies. Ha! And, finally, here is Miles sporting his first-day-of-daycare outfit:

3 comments:
Dear Miles,
Have a wonderful first day at daycare. I know it will be new for you, but I've seen you in new situations many times and you are a champ at adjusting. You love to hear new noises, see new faces, look at lights and ceiling fans and mirrors. I can only imagine the exciting times you'll have getting to know your teachers and the other babies. And goodness knows, a guy wearing only a diaper and a hat is bound to make a big hit with the girl babies! You're adorable and sweet, and full of personality. The boy babies will like you, too!
Love, Grandma Jill
OK, Miley, here's a little advice. First, don't get caught shooting spitballs in class; blame the little girls near you. Second, no smoking out behind the maintenance building. Third, bring your teacher a nice red apple every day. Fourth, it'll be easy to get your mom to do your arithmetic for you, as she's a softy.
love you,
Grandpa L.
Miles, I can't wait for you to come and play, we are going to have so much fun! I will teach you how to scoot around and steal socks off of other unsuspecting baby feet...
I will also show you how to fill your diaper a couple times a day; it is really fun to watch the faces of the teachers when they change you.
Post a Comment