Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy (??) 10th Anniversary

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the tornado that whipped through St. Peter. Dad/grandpa/Paco put together a good slideshow of photos that he took in the days following the twister. Unfortunately I'm not enough of a techno geek to figure out how to upload (or download?) the show. So instead, I will leave you with a link to my mom's blog, which has a link to some good pictures - if you're interested. I'm not so sure I should call them "good" pictures. And I have a hard time thinking of this as an "anniversary" because anniversaries are something we usually celebrate, and are typically based on a joyous occasion from the past. I guess I should be more positive...there are some things worth celebrating about this tornado.
In fact, the more I think about it, the list is probably pretty long. The one I'll mention
Tanner and I had just started dating the week before the tornado. Having a few weeks off of school and lots of work to do around town gave us an excuse to spend lots of time together. I like to say our love has been a whirlwind of an experience right from the very start...

I'm grateful that my family, Tanner's family, and our friends all weathered the storm safely. March 29th is a sad day for me and it always will be. I don't really care to look at the pictures much yet. Some day Tanner and I will sit down and show them to Miles and talk about what we saw, what we did, and how we felt. For now, we'll just be happy that St. Peter has for the most part moved forward and is still the place we call home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to look at the pictures, I agree. It is still a bit surreal, even after all the time that has passed. I don't even want to see pictures of tornado destruction in other parts of the country on the news because of the feelings that arise.

By the way, I think the Potts Family at Home would make a good TV sitcom. Thanks for creating the "what if". HAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

When I clicked on "My mom's blog" I got the message that "The blog you were looking for doesn't exist" or some such thing.

It's interesting reading your thoughts about the event 10 years ago. I've never been that close to a tornado.

annie said...

Hi Trophy Grandma!
Try this link for my mom's blog:
www.ivegotablogtoo.blogspot.com

You'll be able to see some fresh photos of Elisabeth's little girl (Hannah), too!

Glad to hear you've never been so close to a tornado...I hope it stays that way :)