Friday, June 13, 2008

Hurry up, daddy!

Friday doesn't mark just the end of the work/school week for this Grimmius bunch...it also marks the return of DADDY! Tanner was in Virginia (the state, not the MN city) all week for work. He survived the heat wave, did all sorts of business related activities, gave a presentation, and even snuck in a bit of golf. After only an hour of him being gone, I quickly remembered how much I don't want to be a single mommy. How do some women (and men - but we call them single daddies, not mommies) do it? Ooofdah. Even though Miles was a perfect boy all week, it was still hard. I prefer having daddy around - he's a good guy.

I admit I didn't fly solo in mommyhood all week. We had lots of visitors!

On Monday Grandma Jill came over (she only allows her feet to be shown in pictures...hence the big toe instead of her pretty face)


On Tuesday we went for a nice walk with Claire and her mommy


On Wednesday Grandma Jill returned (isn't Grandpa Larry the retired one in that relationship?!), followed by Uncle Charlie and Auntie Angie

On Thursday Grandpa Dave and Grandma Doreen came to play

On Friday Gus the caterpillar made an appearance.

After a busy week of entertaining visitors, putting up with mommy, and missing daddy, Miles has called it a night. I took a picture of him snoozing, but the Blog God tells me I have no more room to upload pictures. I can't figure out how to work around it. Anyway...

Here's a shout out to all those single mommies in this world. YOU'RE GREAT!

Daddy just called and is on his way home. Yahoooo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miley has quite a social life for a six-month old. It takes a lot of people to replace one daddy--I'm glad Tanner is back, too. Have a good weekend with your daddy, Miley, and don't forget to let him sleep later than 6 a.m. on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a busy little guy. Glad you're all back together again!