Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's snowing!

It's a cold (31.8 degrees), windy (30+ mph), snowy (yes) day in Owatonna. Guess what that means? We're staying inside! Tanner and I have yet to change out of our pajamers, although we have brushed our teeth. Whew. (Tanner just made fun of me for typing the word "whew". Jerk.)
Miles had no choice but to change in to real clothes today because his diaper gave way over night. That's what happens when you are almost one digit but not quite two or three digits.

We've had a very fun and busy weekend, so it's probably good that we're being bums and chillin' at home today. The adventures began Friday as we visited Grandpappy at his new hang out spot - the U of MN.

Miles got to pretend he was a post-doc research assistant by sitting at Grandpa's desk.

We learned about one of Grandpappy's projects that involves temperature control. It sounds relatively simple, but it's actually quite complex -- much more work than what a 5th grader could pull off for the North Elementary science fair. Trust me.

We also scoped out a bottle scrubber. Miles wondered why it wasn't as colorful as HIS bottle scrubber. I had to explain to him that this was a super duty heavy mother-of-a-bottle scrubber, and not one fit for baby bottles.

On Friday night we devoured plates full of Charlie's chicken casserole (too bad Charlie wasn't there). Miles was so sad about Uncle Charlie missing out on the casserole that he had a hard time falling asleep...until he found this position on Auntie Angie's lap.

Saturday morning we slept in a bit, then joined about 450 other funny looking people for the St. Peter Halloween Fun Run. It lived up to it's name - not only was it halloweeny, but it was also fun. Angie took her time running because she has a half marathon to do next weekend in NC. I ended up running with some guy with a mullet in a tae-kwon-do suit (and i liked him so much, I brought him home). Not sure who that lady is, or the little man on her head.


Here we are at the end of the run. Miles thought we smelled really bad. I realized that the strange man I picked up along the route was actually Tanner - he looks better without the mullet. And Aunchie looks pretty good in her fluffy blue skirt.


After the morning festivities came to an end, we had lunch with Grandma + Grandpa G. Unfortunately there are no photos to prove the visit, but we did eat some of this with ice cream.

As I said, we're staying inside today. Miles and Tanner put the glass in the storm door.

Then Miles went on a towel ride.

Now the little boy is sleeping, Tanner is washing his golf clubs (typical), and I'm eating brownies (typical) and dinking around on the computer (typical). Here are some picture of all the snow:
(That's the drug house across the street. A locksmith just came yesterday so one of the neighbors (we're assuming) could get in the house and shut the windows that have been open for the last 6 weeks. Good timing!)

How's THAT for a blog posting? Photos and stories galore. Tune in for more excitement later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't know what to respond to first, so I'll pick two things and assure you that I'd love to write back about the stores galore.

I'm liking Miles as a researcher. He's got that "I'm contemplating" look on his face in the lab pictures. He needs a bit more height to do the work on the instruments, but that will come with time.

The towel ride is my favorite story of all. I'll bet Miles and Tanner could win any towel-ride competition they might enter. I'm going to start signing them up. Miles' form is perfect, and that's not easy for a guy so young. Tanner's grip on the towel is as professional as I've seen, and believe me, I've been watching towel-ride contests since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Go, boys!

Anonymous said...

Miley is such a cute lab geek! And he was such a good boy at the apartment and then at the house. Thanks for the nice pitures, Annie!

Brandon & Natalie said...

I want a towel ride! Maybe we could try that out at my house in a couple weeks. You bring the towel :)