It's Miles. I'm blogging for my mom. She's been under such pressure to update the blog that she just can't get herself to do it - says she doesn't know where to begin. I told her to begin from the beginning. Duh mom!
Let's get down to business...I'm supposed to be sleeping right now.
My Christmas vacation started with some thoughts about getting these wild hairs cut.

Instead of visiting the barber, I decided to take a trip with cousin Hannah to see Great Grandpa Charlie in Spring Valley. She played quietly while I napped.

Here I am having a serious conversation about Home Federal stock with Great Grandpa Charlie.

Hannah hopes we see a boost in 1st quarter earnings for Home Federal, as she is also in need of a wild hair trimming.
Back in St. Peter, we kicked off gift opening season at Grandma and Grandpa Grimmius' house.
The boys all got these great hats. Go Pack Go!
Grandma Doreen got a Swedish pewter (according to Grandpa Dave) necklace from the Swedish Kontour shop. That means it's straight from the pewter shop in Sweden. Grandpa Dave got some fancy new pj pants, straight from the Lands End store.
The next day, I got into a little monkey business while trying to help re-stock the fridge... Unfortunately, some of the pop left over in these boxes froze and exploded all over Grandma Jill and Grandpa Larry's sun room. Like, ALL OVER. Grandma said it was even on the ceiling. I'm innocent - this picture was taken looooooong before the pop explosion happened.
Anyway, back to the Christmukkah events. Hannah took a break from lighting her menorah to open a few gifts. Very carefully.
I also took part in this round of gift opening. Here I am with my two new puppy books. Daddy did a nice job of helping me read both of them at the same time. That takes talent!
Uncle Charlie and Auntie Angie looked on in admiration of my new skills.

Later that night, Cousin Hannah and I watched the snow plows whiz by our new jammies.

So did Uncle Evan. Although his jammies are by no means new...but they ARE fancy!

Here are the Potts kids + spouses showing off their Gustie gear. I hope Santa's elves got permission to use The College's logo for their clothing line.

Grandpa Larry got a funny tape dispenser, and Grandma Jill got a warm sweatshirt for when she goes to all of those U of MN sporting events. She just might become a season ticket holder when the new football stadium opens up...

After a week of fun in St. Peter, it was time to venture to Green Bay for Great Grandma Lucille's 80th birthday party (and a Packer game). It was a long ride, but definitely worth it.

Grandma Lucille wears a very pretty gold Packer helmet around her neck. She let me rub it for good luck.

It was a whirlwind weekend (went so fast, hardly any pictures were taken). To a normal person, coming home to a driveway full of snow drifts would be a cause for some bad words. Not my daddy, though! He got a chance to try out his brand new snow blower. Thanks Santa!

Since I knew mommy wanted a vacation day after our vacation, I decided to share my case of pink eye with her. We stayed home and played together all day on Tuesday. By Wednesday night, we were ready to party! We went to my friend Lauren's house, as her mommy and daddy invited us (and several other babies) over for a new year's eve party.
I waited very patiently for Lauren to find me the perfect vanilla wafer in her bowl.

Then I got caught in a fight between Claire and the penguin. AAAAH!

Whew. I'm wiped out. All of the holiday excitement can be a bit much for the average one-year-old baby...good thing I ain't no average one-year-old baby! That's right folks, I'm officially a toddler now. My two legs were made for walking, and I've finally figured it out. Mom says it's time to walk myself back to my crib now and go to bed. HA! Right. My mind is still on finding a barber.

Mommy, daddy and I wish you a very happy, healthy, and blog-filled 2009!

4 comments:
Dear Miles,
Thank you for nagging your mommy until she updated her blog. I've been waiting and waiting to see what you did over the holidays. Looks like you had a great time with relatives and friends and even a penguin. Happy New Year to you, Mr. Miles. Can't wait to see you again soon!
Love, GJill
PS I forgot to say NO HAIRCUTS!
Miles, you are such a patient person when waiting for wafers. I love those treats too!
I'm counting all the stocking caps, flannel pajama pants, and warm slippers in your pictures, Miles. I get a clue about our climate...
Post a Comment