Saturday, April 18, 2009

26.2 miles of fun

It's official - Charlie and I are running the Twin Cities marathon in October.
We talked about it last fall and decided to give it a try if we could get in...well, we got in. Easily. Now I know that I need to wait at least 30 days (not 24 hours) after registration opens to register, because then my chances of not getting in are much better. :)

We're already 5 weeks into the training plan. Charlie did a 10 miler on Friday morning and I managed to whip out 11 miles. I'm not some kind of overachiever and I'm not trying to compete for mileage here, trust me. There's a half marathon in Otown on May 2nd and I'm planning to run it, so that's why I have to tack on an extra mile or two with some of my runs lately. I don't do it for kicks and giggles.

The From the Heart half marathon is for a great cause; all of the proceeds are going to the family of a woman who recently died from cancer. It sounds like a lot of people are going to participate, so it will no doubt be a great run. The more non-competitive runners, the better.

Charlie was going to join me but those twins are getting awfully close to their birth day...so it's better that he stays home to rub Angie's feet and fetch her various snacks!

Anyway, I just added a TC Marathon widget to my blog. Not so sure I want the detailed reminder of just how quickly The Day is approaching, but it's fun.

Here's what Miles thinks of the whole thing:

5 comments:

Gma Jill said...

Way to go, Miles. I suppose your mommy and your Uncle Chuck will expect you to rub THEIR feet after they complete their crazy run. Just say no, and keep your head in that bucket.
Love, Gma Jill

A2P2 said...

Miles - you have to help me and the twins cheer on your mommy and Uncle Charlie.

Teresa Saum said...

Annie, I admire you and Charlie for this goal, but personally I'm kind of with Miles. Wow. You go, kid.

auntie beese said...

Is my bucketheaded nephew going to help you train?

Anonymous said...

Miles called me today and said that he wants you to push him in Bob for the all of the running your going to do.