Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here, there, and everywhere in between.

We're here! We've just been a little busy lately. I'm sure you (whoever you are...) know what I mean.
I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'd sort through the 500+ 4th of July pictures and post some, but the thought just tires me out. Instead, I sorted through my favorite series (50+) from the weekend and picked out my absolute favorite:

Best cousins forever!

Just as we were getting settled back home in Otown, I had to pack up and leave again for a couple of days worth of meetings in Grand Rapids (the MN one waaaaaay "up north"). Tanner came with me, which I appreciated very much. The weather was beautiful and my meetings were mixed with plenty of time to play. We stayed at Ruttger's Sugar Lake Lodge, which meant Tanner to hit lots of golf balls while I was in meetings. We also cruised around the resort on these awesome bikes (not easy to pose on, by the way):


While we were gone, Miles spent time at both his G&G G's house as well as G&G P's house. Grandpa Dave taught Miles lots of great new things, including how to say "Owatonna" (very important) and 1-2-3 (he could only get to 2 until this visit). Grandpa Larry tried to teach Miles how to say "Minneapolis", but no progress was made. Maybe next time.
We timed our return trip well with the Ducky Derby. Here's Miles looking for the ducks:

Fortunately Grandma Jill stepped in to help point them out.


Life back home is still hopping. We brought Tuffy the dog down to see other dogs at the Blast ice cream shop -

The Blast offers free ice cream to dogs on certain nights during the summer. The only requirement is that the dog brings an owner. On a leash. Ha! Those clevor Blast workers.
Here's Zeus. He might as well have had his owner on a leash:
(those heels aren't going to do much for you -- or any of us -- honey.)

We wrapped up the weekend with a BBQ at Miles' friend Lauren's (and her baby brother Owen's) house. His other friends Claire, Kennedi, Ava, and Reid also showed up. It was a warm afternoon, but fortunately Lauren has multiple sprinklers. We went through three. The second one was a big soft plastic thing that popped. I'm pretty sure that was the highlight of the afternoon for all of the kids, as it created a little pond for them to jump in. Oh, the simple joys in life!
This was the only picture that contained most of the kids --



And here's Miles playing with Lauren, the hostess with the mostess (mostess skin showing, anyway).


The weather continues to be unusually cool for July, so we're making the most of it each night. It brings out the best in Miles.

(I had to leave the eyes red)

2 comments:

espd said...

What a busy July! Miles seems like quite the summer boy with his rosy cheeks and wild 'do. We miss you guys!

Jill said...

Hey! How is it that I've been checking your blog every day and this entry just showed up now?? Fun to see Miles playing with his friends, who clearly aren't as Scandinavian as he is, or they'd be in teeshirts, too!