My maternity leave is nearly over. I will be returning to work on Monday, and Weston will be joining his big brother at Kids Korner. I'm not ready to turn my babiest boy over to other caregivers for 40 hours each week (even though they are wonderful ladies), but I know it has to happen. For now, anyway (Tanner: please refrain from commenting).
Unlike my own big brother, I don't usually make lists - except for the kind that I bring along to the grocery store. But I figure it might be good therapy to put together some lists about the positive aspects of going back to work, as well as the joys I found in being on maternity leave. Here is the outcome of therapy session #1 (check back later for list #2):
Unlike my own big brother, I don't usually make lists - except for the kind that I bring along to the grocery store. But I figure it might be good therapy to put together some lists about the positive aspects of going back to work, as well as the joys I found in being on maternity leave. Here is the outcome of therapy session #1 (check back later for list #2):
Top 10 Reasons Why I’m Okay With Going Back To Work
9. I can go to the bathroom whenever I have the urge. Only a baby can keep a mama from going potty, and there ain’t no babies at work.
8. I can go to the bathroom alone. And I might just stay in there all day.
7. I’ll be able to type with both hands again!
6. Time to bring out my professional side (yes Charlie, I do have one). This means I get to bust out my lady-like clothes again. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s true: The maternity sweat pants are past their prime. And I haven’t worn some of my “real” pants in nearly a year.
5. Less dirty diapers to change. And with each dirty diaper there comes a dirty bottle…
4. Less dirty bottles to wash.
3. For approximately 8 hours/day, my voice can return to its normal pitch. Although the “Oh sweeeeetie, did you make a poopy in your diaper?” talk might still come in handy with some coworkers.
2. Return of the paycheck. ‘nuf said.
1. My reward each afternoon will be huge smiles and hugs from TWO boys thrilled to see me (for the moment anyway) and ready to go home to play. Life will be good!
3 comments:
Very nice post, Annie. Westie will adjust as well and as easily as Milford adjusted. You're right about the people at Kids Korner being good people. And you'll enjoy getting back to work and developing some new ideas and some new routines. Good to be positive.
Just like the two wonderful aunties of your little boys, you have struggles with going back to work and having someone else spend the day with the kiddos. There is no easy answer, but you know the little guys will be safe and happy and cared for, and that their social lives will flourish at "school." When they get to REAL school, we'll do some talking. But for now, know that they are happy boys who are learning and growing every day. And be ready for lots of kisses when you pick them up!
Stop it! You're making me cry! :-0
Post a Comment