So I'm going to try following in their footsteps (Charlie: insert joke here about ESPD's big feet) and jot down some of the daily monkey business being conducted on Jadden Lane. I'll set the bar high and start with two...
1. Tanner stayed home from work today because he was not feeling well. This was strange. Very strange. I feared he was on his death bed because he just doesn't do that kind of thing. But he did, and it proved to be very good for him. I took the boys to school (which meant we were fashionably late - but just in time for breakfast!) and during the entire drive there, Miles started every single sentence with "Daddy, you know what? I mean Mommy, you know what?" Clearly he's used to having his father bring him to school. Anyway, he asked me if I thought it was okay that daddy was home sick and alone.
"It's okay for daddy to be home alone when he's sick, right daddy? I mean right mommy?"
What a great question! When he or Westy stay home sick, there's always an adult there to take care of them. I reassured him that daddy would be just fine, and that he'd probably be sleeping for most of the day anyway.
2. Weston has picked up on two new tricks: filling his cheeks with air and then smashing them together with his palms to make a funny noise, as well as making a popping noise by putting his finger in his mouth and pulling it out fast. Here are the step-by-step instructions on the latter in case you want to try for yourself. Miles has this move mastered and Westy thinks he does, too. He's really nowhere close to making the noise, but he gets an A++ for effort! I tried to capture it on video tonight but failed miserably. As soon as Westy started performing, Miles decided to pull down his pants and dance around. Hmmmm. Kind of ruined my ability to post the video online.
What will happen tomorrow? I can't wait to find out!
5 comments:
Mom and I really appreciate your blog entries, Annie. What's the deal with the cotton on the boys at the top of the blog? Pseudo-winter?
You should've gotten the fake snow out when Hannah and Vivi were here. They must have had a hard time explaining to their SFFA amigos that they were in MN and there was no snow!
I'm looking forward to seeing Westy's new tricks. As for Miles: "Where are your pant, mister?!"
Is MJG going to pull his pants down and dance at the church? We should probably start to talk to him about the big party that gets to happen afterwords.
Will
I for one support your effort to share more stories about those goofy, adorable blue-eyed blondies!
Ha ha - my word verification is "tants!"
Gpappy - yes, we have been forced to make our own snow in Otown. The boys are not fond of it!
Will - if you do start prepping Miles for the big wedding party, please emphasize the importance of wearing pants. The whole time.
Post a Comment