Friday, March 16, 2012

Sunshine, parks, and pinching leprechauns. Oh my!

Minnesotans may be nice, but they sure are hard to please. After a very (very very very) mild winter, we're taking a running start into the Spring season. It hit 80 degrees in Otown today and guess what? It's TOO HOT!

It was a wee bit muggy today and most people probably haven't taken their spring/summer clothes out of hiding yet, so that leaves us feeling hot/sticky/icky. Miles, on the other hand, is raring to go. He wore shorts to school yesterday and today, and I'm quite certain he won't put on another pair of pants until next October. Weston has been sporting shorts too, and I'm quite certain he thinks it's the first time he's ever worn them. His little memory doesn't take him back to last summer. It's like having exposed knees is about the greatest thing since warm milk to that little guy -- he pauses every once in a while just to rub his knees and make sure the mole on his right leg is still there.

We've been taking lots of wagon rides around the neighborhood and have visited the park on several occasions in the last week. Here's some evidence:



It took Weston a good 7 minutes to take in all the sights at the playground. Standing in one place for more than 30 seconds - and being quiet - is highly unusual behavior for him. Just as I started worrying, he took off running and climbing (and got mad at me for keeping my arm behind him in case he lost his balance. Silly mama! He's Mr. Independent now.)



When he got to the top of the stairs he took a sharp left, promptly got down on his belly and flew head-first down the slide. I happened to be on the platform next to him and proceeded to fly down the slide myself, albeit not as gracefully as I've done in the past... I caught him just in time. There's a nice 2 foot drop at the end of the slide, afterall. He loved every minute of this thrill ride and proceeded to go down the slide over and over and over and over again -- until I tried to get a picture of him racing Miles down it, and then he lost interest. Ugh.


Anyway, we had a blast!

Now we're preparing for St. Patrick's Day. The boys showed off their Irish-for-a-day side at school...
Miles was excited to wear a green shirt because it meant he wouldn't get pinched. Huh? I'd never heard about pinching on St. Patty's day. He told us that leprechauns pinch people who aren't wearing green. I learned from co-workers that technically anyone can do the pinching - not just leprechauns. Hmmmm. If you're planning to celebrate St. Patty's day out on the town, you best wear some green. Unless you're into that whole pinching thing. Which is weird, so don't tell me about it.

Once again, we have no plans for the weekend. So awesome! Tanner officiated his last basketball game of the season tonight, so we'll celebrate a good finish to that job and look forward to the beginning of golf season. Ahem. Cough cough. :)

2 comments:

Tanner said...

If it's shorts season, it's golf season! Who's with me?

beese said...

Your little leprechauns look more like munchkins. Smooch those green dudes from us!