It turned out to be a productive day. I assumed my position in the kitchen (like that, mom?! Didn't think so. Ha!) making a roast in the crock pot and a loaf of crusty bread....we love cooking and baking on days like today. I say "we" because the boys bounce (literally) between my station in the kitchen and their fort in the living room, stopping over to help stir/pour/sample or beg for a snack when the mood strikes them. Tanner keeps us all company, also bouncing between the kitchen and living room, and does his fair share of sampling and pretending to be a puppy dog in the kennel the boys have constructed. Except for the occasional pushing, hitting, and screaming, it makes for a happy day.
We also managed to whip together valentines for the boys' friends at school. Weston won the prize for easiest -- his teachers simply told us to bring ten valentines with his name in the "from" box, and they'd take care of the rest. Done! Miles decided he wanted to get a little more creative, so we turned to google and came up with these (can't get the picture to rotate correctly, so you'll have to rotate your head or computer!):
As you can see, he worked really hard on them and is excited to share them with his friends. Surprisingly, it only took two shifts to get them done. I thought for sure we'd get just few done and then have to finish the rest in a mad scramble on Wednesday night, but he powered through - and not even one complaint about a sore hand! This kid loves his art projects.
Time to prepare ourselves for Monday. Waaaaah.
2 comments:
That's one fat lip on Westy! Sorry he was/is in pain. I hope he feels better this morning.
Miles looks intent and focused on making his valentines. Great idea! I know I would have loved a ruler of my own when I was his age. I still like them, to be truthful. I can envision all sorts of fun math and art ideas for those rulers. Hmmmm, I wonder how long it will take for the kids to turn them into swords or light sabers (are they allowed at KK??!)?
Stay warm today. That wind is ferocious! XXXX OOOO
Sorry to hear about Westy's bruised lip. Hope it's much better today. What a clever valentine idea! I'm sure Miles' classmates will enjoy the rulers.
Happy Valentine's Day to all!
Post a Comment