It was a semi-adventurous weekend in St. Peter, starting with the celebration of Uncle Charlie's 34th birthday on Friday night. He arrived late to his own party after having to straighten out some mischievous behavior at the college that resulted in several dorm rooms being saturated with water. Turned out to be a good lesson for the Potts/Grimmius preschoolers who were eager to eat cake and wanted an explanation for the delay... Throwing balls inside a dorm (or house) is not okay! You might hit a sprinkler on the wall and cause a flood! And even more important, lying about it is not okay! It's better to tell the truth! And for goodness sake, help clean up the mess! Whew. What a lesson. Here's the birthday boy getting ready to enjoy his cake. He deserved an extra helping.
We had a mostly lazy day on Saturday. It was fabulous. We took long naps and then played at Ethan and Owen's house for a while. The boys played basketball -- the three bigger ones were on Team Obama.
The youngest was the Official.
Speaking of official, Tanner reffed a couple of games in Mankato that night. Miles and I bundled up and went to cheer him on. He called all shots perfectly, so there was no heckling from any fans...at least not that Miles noticed, anyway :) That's all that counts.
And speaking of official again, Westy continued to play the role throughout the weekend. He was working hard to perfect his arm movements!
Sunday morning started out a little busier with some wine-making chores. First the boys had to clean the big jug with a fat scrubber deal (I don't make wine and therefore am not up to speed on the correct lingo) --
Then they helped grandpa Dave transfer a batch from a big pail where it had been brewing to the newly cleaned big jug. One wrong move and wine would spew everywhere -- good thing the kids took their job seriously!
Grandma Doreen then put them to work cracking eggs for the egg bake. You really have to earn your keep around that house :)
Before we knew it, the Super Bowl had started and it was time to dig into some game-time nachos. As has been a long standing Grimmius family tradition, the usual supper time rules don't apply during the Super Bowl. We get to eat whatever sounds good, and - perhaps even better - eat it in front of the tv.
This picture makes me feel the itch to do a little decorating in the living room. Hmmm. And maybe get a photo in that frame hanging on the wall.
Anyway, with the Super Bowl came a good excuse to make brownies. The boys weren't as excited about them as I thought they'd be....but I won't take it personally. I'll just finish off the pan and show them who's boss.
Anyway, with the Super Bowl came a good excuse to make brownies. The boys weren't as excited about them as I thought they'd be....but I won't take it personally. I'll just finish off the pan and show them who's boss.
Happy Super Bowl! May the best team win!
1 comment:
There are several things upon which I could comment, but I'll pick two. The basketball boys switched teams to the Angry Birds when I was watching them. They mowed the football field so they could play basketball on it. A sort of sports multiculturalism thing, I guess.
And about those brownies...I wish I'd been there to eat them. I know they had to taste really yummy in football shapes. Mmmmmmmmmmm.....
Post a Comment