Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This one is for you, Ma.

Every time I've talked with my mother since the last O-town blog posting, she's said to me, "I'm SICK of Labor Day!" And every time I respond by saying, "What do you mean?"
Then I realize it's a hint that the ol' blog needs updating. Here you go, Ma!

Turkey Day:
Another Turkey Day celebration has come and gone. Located in Worthington (Dave's hometown), Turkey Day is an annual fall festival that includes activities from sunrise to sunset (and probably later). Tanner and I usually run the 10K fun run in the morning, but this year we slept in because Baby G wasn't up for the challenge (nor was Baby G up for the challenge of listening to guest speaker Babe Winkelman). We enjoyed the traditional BBQ (sloppy joe) sandwiches at Grandma's place, followed by the 2 hour and 15 minute parade. Thanks to some fast-moving younger cousins, we also enjoyed some Tootsie Roll and Bit-O-Honey goodness during the parade. MMMM! The day ended at Cousin Gina's house in Windom, where we continued to eat, eat, and eat some more. The DQ in Windom makes a mean ice cream cake! It was a fun day, and while I look forward to next year's festivities....Turkey Day '08 happens to fall on Tanner's birthday. He thinks that's reason enough to skip out. Good luck, honey!

Dave's Birthday:
Happy Birthday, Dave! September 19th...a great day to be born!

Paco's Birthday:
Happy Birthday, d-ad! September 22nd...another great day to be born!

Garage Sale Weekend:
See you all at 217 N. 7th Street (St. Peter, MN 56082) for a garage sale this weekend. There are some real bargains, so come early!

Elisabeth's Birthday:
Happy Birthday, Beeser! September 24th...a very fine day to be born! Gosh, mom sure was busy 34 - I mean 25 - years ago.
Cutest Baby in the World:
Every day is a cute day for Hannah....
We miss you baby girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to wish everyone happy b-days, Turkey Girl. Nice choice of photo of the little drooler! She misses you guys, too!
xoxo

Jill said...

Oh Annie---THANK YOU for moving on with your blog at last! Nothing is worse than prolonged labor. Ask your sister.

Speaking of labor, how about a profile shot of Baby G, fully dressed, of course?

Anonymous said...

p.s. re: my advanced age... mom WAS busy 25 years ago, dealing with her screaming mimi 3rd child. You may know her... :-0