Sunday, February 26, 2012

To be a preschooler's camera.

Be grateful you were born as a human and not a Vtech Kidizoom camera. Yes, such cameras are definitely awesome. And it would be fun to literally view the world through the eyes of a preschooler. But you'd take a lot of abuse. And you'd get camera-napped by rambunctious younger siblings who have no idea what you are or what purpose you serve. That's dangerous.

Miles (and three cousins who help make up the "older" group of grandchildren) got a Kidizoom camera from Grandma Jill and Grandpappy for Christmas. He brought it to school for share day back in January and I just now got around to uploading/downloading/overloading the pictures to our computer. All 183 of them. From one day at school. I quickly weeded out the pictures of carpeting, empty chairs, eyeballs (there were lots of close-ups of eyeballs, usually just one eyeball at a time), and fingers. After deleting them, I realized it would have been fun to organize them somehow for future laughing purposes. Oh well. Here's a sampling of what's left --


And some shots from home --
I figured out how to enhance photos right on the camera. Can't wait to show Miles the trick! Just imagine how the next couple hundred photos will turn out.

Poor Westy. Naaaah...he'll get us back some day :)

2 comments:

Mom/Gma Jill said...

Maybe the four "big kids" can have a photo contest to see who can take the best pictures of their moms and dads. I'd like to see what they come up with!

espd said...

Best gift ever! You're such a better mom than I am. I just delete all the photos rather than downloading them. :-0 Those eyeball photos are a trip - not sure why they can't remember to turn the camera around!